Bsc. Degree IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
The primary objectives of the program are to:
- provide students with a sound theoretical foundation of computer science
- equip students with problem solving skills using computer technology
- enable students to understand the fast changing field, be aware of technological trend sand be able to use emerging opportunities
- develop in the student the concepts of professional practice, innovation and
- develop the business, analytical and communication abilities of the student and
- lay the foundation necessary for advanced study-level in Computer Science
- provide a sound base in computer science and in problem-solving skills
- provide skills in the state-of-the art of ICT tools
- lay a strong foundation for advanced study in computer science
A graduate from this program is expected to have a wide range of abilities and skills as described below.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Understanding essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to computer science;
- In depth understanding of the appropriate theory, practices, languages and tools that may be deployed for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of software systems.
- Recognize the professional moral and ethical issues involved in the exploitation of computer technology and be guided by the adoption of appropriate professional, ethical and legal practice.
- Understand the basic research methods, and ways to write technical report and/or research paper in the appropriate scientific style.
- Ability to analyze, synthesizes, evaluate and assess a range of options together with the capacity to apply ideas and knowledge to solving problems in industry, business and the public sector.
- Demonstrate intellectual competency and transferable knowledge and skills and articulate them effectively.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise level application programs
- Design, develop and administer enterprise level databases.
- Design and Develop Websites.
- Install networks and perform simple maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to provide computer science consultancy services
- Ability to use, present and evaluate probabilistic and statistical information in a variety of ways.
- Ability to work in groups as a participant who contributes effectively to the group’s task and possess interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation
- Ability to develop entrepreneur skill