Office of Associate Registrar & alumni affairs
The Office of Associate Registrar & alumni affairs started functioning since the establishment of the college in 1996, aiming at handling student admission, issuing academic calendars and keeping academic records of enrolled students. The Office underwent several restructuring and got its current shape through evolutionary change.
Providing adequate and efficient services to the academic community of the college is the primary mission of the Registrar. To this end, three Associate Registrars run the Office’s functions at school of postgraduate studies, School of Graduate Studies, Technical vocational and educational training programs and College of Open and Distance Learning. The major operational areas of the Office include Admission and Enrollment Services, Academic Document Processing, and Student Services. Each of these operations is headed by an Assistant Registrar answerable to the respective Associate Registrar.
Current and past achievements
The Office has been assisting the Top Management in its effort to make informed decisions to improve student services by providing evidence-based information. It periodically issues up-to-date data on student progression. This includes student enrollment, graduation, withdrawal and dropout. In this regard, it has produced overall student attrition and retention statistics of the last 10 years, which can be used as input for intervention in the teaching-learning and administrative processes. The Office also compiles data on instructor absenteeism and conduct of makeup classes for any missed hours. In addition to organizing and producing different statistical information, the Office has automated its system and has enabled students to access diverse information and their grades on their mobile sets. In the last two years, it has also created an SMS platform by which the entire College community can be able to receive and send messages of academic interest.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Office
The Registrar’s Office has the following major responsibilities:
- develops and implements systems to maintain student academic records;
- administers storage, security, accuracy and preservation of academic credentials in accordance with the College legislation, Ministry of Education standards and privacy laws;
- prepares academic calendar and presents it to the academic commission of all schools of the college for approval;
- interprets and enforces academic rules and regulations
- manages academic records and transcript processing;
- ensures the implementation of activities in line with the academic calendar of the College;
- coordinates the preparation and compilation of course catalogue;
- produces lists of students recommended for graduation and presents same to the College senate for approval;
- prepares original diplomas to be issued by the College;
- prepares the Office’s annual plan of the office and ensures its appropriate implementation;
- prepares and submits quarterly and annual performance reports of the Office to the board chair office and the Quality Assurance unit;
- produces different statistical reports related to student attrition and retention;
- Ensures the smooth running of the data base system of the Office of the Registrar and alumni affairs.
The Office of the Registrar admits applicants who meet the admission requirements set by the Ministry of Education.
Available Fields of Studies
Post Graduate Programs
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Accounting and Finance
- Master of Management Information system
- Computer Science
- Leadership and Good Governance
Undergraduate Programs (Regular/Extension)
- Accounting Information system
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Management information system
Technical vocational and Educational Training studies
College of Open and Distance Learning (Distance)(Upcoming)
- Marketing Management
- Hotel and Tourism management
Associate Registrar’s Office:+251
P. O. Box: